Wednesday, July 15, 2015

One of Those Days

Today is one of those days when all I want to do is pack my few treasured possessions in my vehicle and just start driving - anywhere but here. Drive away from the responsibility and leave it all to someone else. Drive away from life. The only problem, life always finds you!

So, what to do on a day like today. Focus on the people I care about. Remember that God has me here to fight for them - pray for, encourage, be there for if they need anything. Walking away from my life would mean walking away from them and I can't do that. We all have people that God has given us a burden for and the thought of letting them and God down is more than I want to think about. I'll send emails, maybe a text or two, and just let them know that I love them and am praying for them. Let them know that I haven't given up on them and that I'm still fighting for them. Because on days when I just don't think I can fight for myself anymore, I start fighting for someone else - get out of my own head. I let go of my life and give it to God - He knows a whole lot better than I do what I need and what needs to be done, so I try to get out of His way.

Fighting for others is how I'm walking toward Jesus today.

No comments:

Post a Comment