Monday, July 27, 2015

Blindfolded

I want a church where you are blindfolded upon entrance; someone then leads you to a seat and you aren't allowed to remove the blindfold until the service is over. I don't want the petty distractions of where I sit, who sits next to me, who's in the church, what everyone's wearing and how others are responding - these all take away from what God is trying to tell me. I don't want to just listen to what is being said - I want to hear it! I could do that blindfolded because there wouldn't be external distractions.

We are too concerned with who is and isn't in church, what others are wearing, where we are sitting and how people are worshiping instead of focusing on God. God doesn't care about any of that, so why do we??? Why do churches have so many unwritten rules about who and what is and isn't allowed in their building? We are allowing people to walk around dead to sin because they don't want to do things our way. If they don't want to pray, praise and learn the way we do, then we don't want them.

Just like no two sets of fingerprints are the same in the world, neither are two testimonies and salvation experiences the same. So, why do we think everyone needs to worship and pray the same? Why do we believe that my way of worship and praying is more righteous than your's when the Bible says, "None are righteous before God"? We need to get off our self-righteous, high horse and allow people to praise and worship their Creator and Savior the way they feel they should without judgement or condemnation. Praising God is always the right thing to do - no matter how it is done - for proof read how the king of Israel (David) praised God as the Ark of the Covenant was being brought into Jerusalem (2 Samuel 6:12-22).

As I keep walking toward Jesus, I will start praising God the way my heart tells me to!

No comments:

Post a Comment